Get Your Business Online and Digital Ready
The Digital Ready Businesses course provides small businesses and entrepreneurs with basic internet knowledge needed to establish an effective online presence, from website creation through analyzing email reach, in order to better connect with your customers. Now available 100% online, these workshops provide flexibility to learn from anywhere, anytime.
Having your business online is about more than creating a website with a few pages and sending the occasional email. It’s about creating virtual real estate and opening up your business to a wider customer base by making your store accessible to all day or night.
The lessons are self-paced and students can start at any time. Once started, students have one year to complete the course.
- Introduction to Email Marketing: Learn how to reach customers’ inboxes by learning the basics of email marketing, key terms and essentials.
- Email Marketing Analytics: Learn how to evaluate your email reach by understanding key indicators of effective email marketing, including conversion and return on investment.
- Social Media Introduction and Platforms: Learn what social media is, what’s available, how it differs from other digital platforms, and identify the platform or platforms most suitable for your business.
- Social Media Plan and Content: Learn about a six-step social media planning tool, the benefits of social media and best practices for social media content.
- Claiming Your Bubble: Learn how to stake a claim and build and manage a “bubble” for your business on mapping map platforms like Google Maps and review sites like Yelp.
- Planning Your Website: Learn what goes into planning and designing a website including key concepts, formats and content considerations.
- Social Media Analytics and Marketing: Learn about key analytics concepts for evaluating your social media reach, paid marketing, Facebook Insights, and ad campaigns.
- Business Intelligence: Learn basic concepts behind artificial intelligence and how your business might take advantage of this technology in the future.
Digital Ready Certificate
Once you complete all eight lessons, earn a Digital Ready Certificate to show proficiency with your digital skills and competency for strategy, planning, management and measurement. You will receive this certificate upon completing the required lessons, successfully passing the quizzes and completing a final project. The final project will reinforce skills learned and provide you an opportunity to demonstrate your ability and skills in real-world experiences. While completing the final project, you will have direct access to the Digital Ready Businesses team.
Digital Ready Business Coach
Get access to a Digital Ready Business Coach when you purchase all eight lessons as a package bundle. This coach will assist you through the lessons and answer any questions you may have. They will also help connect the coursework and your own business, while also keeping you on track with goal setting exercises.
Start learning how to get your business online today!
Request More Information
These lessons are also offered in-person and through the Digital Ready Businesses app. Click here for more information.
Small Business Testimonials
“Our services, in particular, have improved, and we have become more aware of how to improve engagement with customers.”
“The Digital Ready lessons helped put additional social media information in my hands that I didn’t know was available before.”
“This was a great series of lessons, especially for those just beginning their business.”
Digital Ready Businesses in the News