Get Your Business Online and Digital Ready
The Digital Ready Businesses lessons provide small businesses and entrepreneurs with basic internet knowledge needed to establish an effective online presence, from website creation through analyzing email reach, in order to better connect with your customers. Now available 100% online, these workshops provide flexibility to learn from anywhere, anytime.
Having your business online is about more than creating a website with a few pages and sending the occasional email. It’s about creating virtual real estate and opening up your business to a wider customer base by making your store accessible to all day or night.
In order to get your business ready for the holiday season, we are offering three bundle packages each including a free course.
With these lessons, you will learn the importance of your online real estate and how to use it to increase interactions with your customers by having a strategy, consistently creating content, staying on top of popular social media trends, and testing the effectiveness of your efforts.
Includes: Social Media Introduction & Platforms, Social Media Plan & Content and Social Media Analytics & Marketing
With these lessons, you will learn the basics of email marketing, including staying on the right side of the law (CAN-SPAM ACT), formatting emails to be mobile-friendly, avoiding your emails being marked as spam, and understanding analytics such as click-through rates and open rates.
Includes: Introduction to Email Marketing and Email Marketing Analytics
First, you will learn the steps to claim your online bubble, which include highlighting your business through Google and a variety of other platforms, optimizing your online listings to increase local search visibility, and understanding the differences between typed and voice searches. You will also learn how to create your own website, including the differences between doing it yourself and hiring a professional, properly setting up a website with the basic pages needed, and how to use specific keywords to increase Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and make your business more prominent in searches.
Includes: Claiming Your Bubble and Planning Your Website
- Introduction to Email Marketing: Learn how to reach customers’ inboxes by learning the basics of email marketing, key terms and essentials.
- Email Marketing Analytics: Learn how to evaluate your email reach by understanding key indicators of effective email marketing, including conversion and return on investment.
- Social Media Introduction & Platforms: Learn what social media is, what’s available, how it differs from other digital platforms, and identify the platform or platforms most suitable for your business.
- Social Media Plan & Content: Learn about a six-step social media planning tool, the benefits of social media and best practices for social media content.
- Claiming Your Bubble: Learn how to stake a claim and build and manage a “bubble” for your business on mapping map platforms like Google Maps and review sites like Yelp.
- Planning Your Website: Learn what goes into planning and designing a website including key concepts, formats and content considerations.
- Social Media Analytics and Marketing: Learn about key analytics concepts for evaluating your social media reach, paid marketing, Facebook Insights, and ad campaigns.
- Business Intelligence: Learn basic concepts behind artificial intelligence and how your business might take advantage of this technology in the future.
The lessons are self-paced and students can start at any time. Lessons can be purchased individually or as a bundle. Once started, students have 90 days to complete each lesson or one year if all eight lessons are purchased.
Digital Ready Certificate
Once you complete all eight lessons, earn a Digital Ready certificate to show proficiency with your digital skills and competency for strategy, planning, management and measurement. You will receive this certificate upon completing the required lessons, successfully passing the quizzes and completing a final project. The final project will reinforce skills learned and provide you an opportunity to demonstrate your ability and skills in real-world experiences. While completing the final project, you will have direct access to the Digital Ready Businesses team.
Digital Ready Business Coach
Get access to a Digital Ready Business Coach when you purchase all eight lessons as a package bundle. This coach will assist you through the lessons and answer any questions you may have. They will also help connect the coursework and your own business, while also keeping you on track with goal setting exercises.
Start learning how to get your business online today!
View All Lessons
Register as a bundle
Request More Information
These lessons are also offered in-person and through the Digital Ready Businesses app. Click here for more information.
Small Business Testimonials
“Our services, in particular, have improved, and we have become more aware of how to improve engagement with customers.”
“The Digital Ready lessons helped put additional social media information in my hands that I didn’t know was available before.”
“This was a great series of lessons, especially for those just beginning their business.”
Digital Ready Businesses in the News