The Environmental Planning and Community Engagement short course includes four modules, an end of course feedback survey, and the opportunity to download a certificate and online badge. The course will take approximately two hours to complete.
Each module contains a short video, readings directly related to the video content, and additional resources and tools to further your knowledge.
- Module 1: Introduction to Environmental Planning
- Module 2: Renewable Energy Planning
- Module 3: Climate Change Community Planning
- Module 4: Collaborative Environmental Planning and Community Engagement
This course is designed for Indiana local leaders, planners, residents, and groups interested in local environmental planning. Upon completing this short course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the background and definition of environmental planning, including solar and wind renewable energy siting and climate change planning
- Recognize tools and strategies Indiana communities can use to conduct inclusive environmental planning
- Select resources to support local environmental planning efforts