Social media generates an abundant amount of data and is an asset to you and your company. This data represents an opportunity to spot emerging trends and to transform social and digital media analytics into business intelligence and actionable insights. Purdue’s Digital Media Analytics program provides an introduction to digital and social media analytics and then examines social media research, owned media, earned media, paid media, and using “listening data.”
You will learn how to identify and use social media as a source of business intelligence and behavioral analytics, how to quantify human behavior, how to engage in simple social media data mining, and how to interpret the findings into data-driven recommendations for an organization. Once the program is completed, you will be a knowledgeable data analytics consumer and an informed teammate and leader of cross-functional teams making data-driven decisions. ?
This program is a series of seven courses available 100% online. The courses are self-paced and you have 12 weeks of access to complete each course once you start. Students can register for the courses individually, or purchase all seven to earn a Digital Media Analytics certificate from Purdue. At the end of the program you should feel confident in applying your knowledge in your own professional life.
After completing the full certificate, you will be able to:
- Understand the opportunities and limitations of social media data analysis
- Differentiate between owned, earned and paid media, as well as the different strategies for using and analyzing data from each of them
- Identify methods for using ready- and custom-made tools to transform information into insight, from data collection to analysis, interpretation, and recommendation
- Sharpen quantitative and business analytical skills using spreadsheets and online tools
- Write effective reports and draft scorecards
- Be prepared to interact with data scientists by speaking their language and understanding their processes for data mining and business intelligence
Be aware that registration for this course requires Purdue Online staff to enroll students into the Individual course sections. These actions may take up to three business days to complete, so please manage expectations for when you will be able to access all seven modules.