Community Coaching Learning Circle Registration
Purdue Extension Community Development is offering a professional development opportunity for individuals interested in honing their community coaching skills.
Through participating in this learning community, you will:
- Increase your knowledge of the principles and practices of community coaching
- Reflect on and increase your self-awareness of your role in different groups
- Identify your community coaching style and personal philosophy
- Deepen your capacity to coach community groups in a variety of situations
- Build a network of colleagues to support continued learning and practice
Online coursework will be available starting August 21. This learning community will meet every other Monday, 2:00-3:30 pm ET through Zoom from August 28 - November 6, 2023. The meetings will include small group discussions. To be fair to fellow group members, participants must be available to attend all meetings. Participants will have approximately 1.5 hours of online coursework between meetings consisting of reading, videos and self-reflection exercises. Space is limited.
A prerequisite to the Community Coaching Learning Circle is experience working with community groups/teams, in particular guiding these groups/teams through the process of achieving their goals. The following questions are to ensure proper fit into the program.
- Have you worked with groups/teams in a guiding or leading role? YES/NO
- Can you commit to all six online sessions and ~1.5 hours of coursework every two weeks? YES/NO
- Tell us about your experiences working with community groups. What types of groups have you worked with? What was your role?
- What are you hoping to gain from this program and how do you plan to use these new skills?